Chicago has had no major shakeups in quite some time. When acquiring John Salmons and Brad Miller is a major trade, there's definitely something wrong. I mean sure, it was an impactful trade. But major? Jesus. Acquiring Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, or Pau Gasol in 2007 when they were on the block? That's major. So is declining because you want to keep Luol Deng. I feel my anger for John Paxson growing exponentially so let's change topics.Let's all start with something we know. The Bulls lack size. The Bulls have absolutely no offensive inside presence and have been the joke of the league for some time due to this reason alone. A guard dominated offense that might be losing Ben Gordon soon to the Pistons; I think it's time for Bulls front offices to pull the trigger on a major move this Thursday.
There are a couple of possibilities. The Bulls don't really need to free up money for 2010 like the rest of the league. Brad Miller, Tim Thomas, and others come off the books after this season so they can try and make a run at Chicago native Dwayne Wade.
So let's try and get a big name until then huh? Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh come off the books in 2010 too but why wait? Why not trade for one of them at the draft? Package Luol Deng's contract with someone like Kirk Hinrich or Tyrus Thomas and get one of these legit all star power forwards. Have them play for the Bulls for the 2009-10 season, win a couple of games, make the playoffs, have a fun season. Then they'll sign a contract extension before the season ends. The power forward spot will be solidified with Bosh or Stoudemire, maybe Al Jefferson for some time.
Only in my dreams? I don't think this is so farfetched. I hope Pax is listening...Oh sorry. Not Pax, I mean Gar Forman...
No comments:
Post a Comment